Oh. My. God. We made it to Election Day. Batten the hatches; the final 24 hours of this general election season are going to be a doozy.
Resources for you if you haven’t already voted early or by absentee ballot:
- 2016 Ballot Measures at Ballotpedia — statewide initiatives with links to find your local initiatives (You have my unending sympathies, California voters.)
- League of Women Voters’ Voter411.org also offers local ballot lookup.
- Feminist Majority’s endorsements (Booyah! Elect estrogen equity now!)
- Planned Parenthood voter guide lookup
- Voter Vox resource for language translation — see also their voter rights guides in multiple languages. (This is not a comprehensive tool but it may work well where translators are too few or unavailable.)
- What to do when faced with voter intimidation — guide from ACLU. Printable version (PDF).
And last but not least, HuffPo’s Elise Foley’s list of poll closing and bar closing times by state. Yeoman’s work here.
This is an open thread, but it’s open for election content only. Spare your family, friends and neighbors and dump here instead about your voting experience.
I’m surprised at the location of certain searches, like concentrations of Long Lines in a predominantly white rural small city, and Voter Intimidation in a nearly all-white town. Wonder if the latter is a case where the search location isn’t really in that town but within the ISP neighboring a minority-majority city.