emptywheel welcomes comments that are respectful and on point. Our comment policy aims to preserve the quality of discussion here — which is generally very high (thank you smart emptywheel readers!). So we use the following approach:
Your first comments — as well as comments that are very long or look like spam — will be moderated. We’re generally pretty quick at releasing comments, but that depends on how busy our lives get. Please be somewhat patient!
The latest incarnation of emptywheel (thanks MilleniaLab!) includes registration for enhanced commenting. Benefits of registering include:
- The comment form formatting tools are available only to registered users.
- The “edit your own comment function” is only available to registered users.
- Any other custom functions we make will only be available to registered users.
- The reason why is secure code, and WordPress. These functions are only available to registered users. Otherwise, the HTML or Script isn’t available. This is to combat ‘bots.
Click here to register.
While we invite all readers who plan to contribute to register, if we see registered users who do not comment but instead test the defenses of the site, they will be banned.
We reserve the right to ban other users as well (though have banned only a handful since EW became an independent site in 2011).
Reasons for banning include:
- Repeated ad hominem attacks
- Threats of violence, including against public figures
- Use of multiple identities on the site
- Consistent off-topic comments
The views of emptywheel commenters are their own and do not reflect the views of emptywheel’s proprietor or contributors.