In my post on Elise Stefanik’s decline into fascism, I described that I’ve been meaning to lay out how Trump used his legal cases to train Republicans to hate rule of law, which has been a key part of how the Republican party has come to embrace fascism. I’ve been dreading and therefore putting off writing that, in large part because it’ll involve rehashing the Russian investigation, and the counter-propaganda to the Russian investigation has been so effective that even addressing the reality of the Russian investigation at this point is always a real chore.
One other reason I’ve been putting it off is because there are a lot of things I want to have in the background — what I’ll call a Ball of Thread. These are not so much related points. Rather, they’re just things that I want to have in the background so I can pull on one or another thread without distracting from the main argument.
So I’m going to first try to write those up fairly quickly, so they’re out there, my Ball of Thread. Some of these posts will be more observation than detailed collection of facts. Others will not show my proof to the extent I normally do. Some will update things I’ve already said. Still others would not normally merit their own post, but I want to have it out there, as part of my Ball of Thread.
Plus, I’m going to try to do this while continuing to cover two Trump prosecutions, multiple Hunter Biden dick pic sniffing campaigns, 1,200 January 6 cases, and some other things that will come up. You know? My day job. All while learning to walk again, after foot surgery.
Happy New Year!
As of now, I anticipate that my Ball of Thread will include:
- Trump’s narcissism makes him easy to trigger
- Trump released documents that past actors assumed would never be released
- The first time Trump “colluded” with Russia was to help Bibi Netanyahu dodge accountability
- Corruption is a process and a tool
- What is WikiLeaks
- The FBI keeps getting pwned
- My understanding of the Russian attack
- The import of chat rooms
- Rudy Giuliani was never investigated as the possible UNSUB
- John Durham’s studied ignorance
- Seth DuCharme’s information collection
- The GRU propaganda from the US Attorney for Pittsburgh
- Was Bill Barr even more corrupt than we knew?
These will hopefully be quick; they may be sloppy; they likely will not be in this order. But hopefully I can spin my Ball of Thread then move onto the larger task.
On the image: The featured image for this post comes from the Library of Congress’ Farm Services Administration set.