There’s a bunch of Internet Research Agency redactions the government has withdrawn I won’t lay out.
More interesting are the select few the government withdrew pertaining to Trump flunkies.
There are three search warrants withdrawn:
- A warrant for Rob Goldstone’s Facebook account (see footnote 298)
- A warrant for George Papadopoulos’ Linked In account (see footnote 458)
- A warrant for Erik Prince’s location data (see footnote 1047)
The only surprising disclosure is the last one. This suggests that any investigation into Prince’s lies about the Seychelles is good and dead.
Then there are the redactions of ongoing and referred investigations DOJ no longer considers secret. Those include:
- The investigation of Podesta Group, Mercury/Clark & Weinstock, which SDNY closed
- The references to FTI Consulting in the Greg Craig entry on D-4
- An investigation into foreign campaign contributions, item 11 on ongoing investigations, which would have been closed by the DC US Attorney, and probably was the Mystery Appellant case.
- A reference to Left Hand Ventures:
- Left Hand Enterprises – During the course of the investigation, the Special Counsel’s Office uncovered evidence of potential wire fraud and FECA violations pertaining to Trump Campaign vendor Left Hand Enterprises That evidence was referred to the Public Integrity Section within DOJ’s Criminal Division and the FBI’s Washington Field Office
- A reference to Rebuilding America Now:
- Rebuilding America Now – During the course of the investigation, the Special Counsel’s Office uncovered evidence of potential FECA violations and potential kickback schemes pertaining to the Rebuilding America Now PAC That evidence was referred to the Public Integrity Section within DOJ’s Criminal Division and the FBI’s Washington Field Office
Both of the last two involve suspect Paul Manafort graft, including the kickback system by which he was suspected of getting paid.
This seems to suggest the investigation into some of Paul Manafort’s epic graft is also dead.
That means the bulk of the redacted ongoing investigations remain ongoing (or otherwise sensitive — and they could be counterintelligence investigations). They include around 10 referrals — including anything pertaining to Roger Stone (including Jerome Corsi) and the presumed George Nader child porn referral already prosecuted.
Update: Corrected an error to note the closure of item 11, the suspected bribe involving the Mystery Appellant. h/t d